Latest news

In this blog you can read a complete record of the visits we have made to The United States since march 2007.
Each of our trips has its own blog site Blog site. However we have now brought them all together onto our main Blog Page.
Our last trip, with a current name: Road Blog Spring 2013 is now complete.


Friday, April 3, 2015

Only In America

Friday - Good Friday at that


Today was to be a rest day. We rose late and caught up on the laundry. Here we made new friends who introduced us to the delights of dominoes, like American Bingo, qute different to the English counterpart. No dots! numbers on the doms and some strange rules, but great fun with a group of old timers and the owners of the RV park.
One dear lady, called Joy, I had already met in the park, while she was walking her dog, Napoleon, just for the exercise, complete with her oxygen bottle. When I say she was walking her dog, I of course mean that the dog was walking, she was riding a golf cart, but napoleon was walking on a leash. So there was a gfreat picture of Joy on the golf cart with old Napoleon walking alongside.
I could not resist stopping and talking with her, whereupon she introduced me to Napoleon. I suggested that this was extremely good exercise! For Napoleon anyway. Not so much cardiovascular exercise as Cartiovascular exercise, Golf cartio exercise! Only in America.

2 comments:

AMERICAN ADVENTURES said...

Happy Easter! I am already homesick for my second home seeing all the photos and fabulous blue skies. Have you got your camera back or are these with Sally's camera?

fastrak100 said...

I have bought a new replacement while mine is being mended, but many are Sally's, she is enjoying he new camera.